- This sled is named after the Wolverine, which is a strong & viscous animal that has immense strength in comparison to its size (just like this sled). A Wolverine can travel at fast speeds & it’s known to travel swiftly across snow to catch its prey (so can the animal).
- We took our original K-4 Mid-Distance sled and totally redesigned it! The Wolverine has an improved aerodynamic design with upgraded frame layout and a sleek new sled bag!
- The Wolverine is designed for races from 20 miles to 300 miles to even 1000 miles depending on how you pack your sled.
- This sled is equipped with our new Mid-Distance brake. This brake is designed off the Distance brake but is shorter to lighten it up. It also uses 2 sets of 2 carbide snow-machine studs for the best stopping power
- Another feature is it uses 1/4” ball joint rod ends to flex & steer the sled. You can find these used widely throughout the aviation industry.
- This sled includes a lightweight fabric floor to add support while keeping the sled flexible.
- This lightweight beast is just 30 lbs. with Matrax runners, drag mat & sled bag all included.
- Our Taildragger is the sit-down option for the back of our sleds. It includes a cooler to sit on and a bag behind the cooler to store gear.
- It can be removed easily with 4 pins to drop it at a checkpoint or for different training runs
- The Taildragger is an additional $450
- The Taildragger weighs 12 lbs. including the cooler
- We also have an insulated cooler bag that has a layer of lightweight insulation all around. It also has 2” of foam on the cover and is a fan favorite option to have. The cooler bag is an additional $150
- This sled can be folded up quickly by removing 6 runner pins. We can ship the sled & runners through the US mail. If in Alaska off the road system, we can drop the sled off at the air cargo of your choice.
- The price is $3800 & includes the sled, a sled bag, a drag mat & 1 set of Matrax aluminum runners.
- Shipping is added on once we get a quote.
- Additional pockets & sled bag options are extra.
- Taildragger is $450 extra
- Insulated cooler bag is $150 extra
|Sled weight with Matrax||30 lbs|
|Frame material||6061 T-6 AL|
|Bed length||53″ (4′ 5″)|
|Usable bed area||1070 sq.in|
|Back of sled bag height||22″|
|Front of sled bag height||3″|
|Aviation ball joint size||1/4″|
|Stock brake type||2020 Mid Distance|
|Handlebar bag Included||Yes|
|Bridle material||Stainless Steel|
|Support cable material||Stainless Steel|
|Stock steering each direction||22 degrees|
|Lightweight floor installed||Yes|
|Stock vented sled bag||Optional|
|8′ Aluminum Matrax runners||Yes|