- The Kodiak Distance Sled is our biggest sled that’s used in races from 300 miles to 1000 miles or when you want extra space to haul gear.
- This sled has a 5’ 7” bed, which is 1’ longer than the Grizzly. It’s made to haul all your gear when on long runs and camping trips.
- The Kodiak bear is a Grizzly bear, just bigger. Its named after one of the largest bears found around Kodiak Alaska.
- This sled has 5/16” rod end ball joints installed, which is more heavy duty than the ¼” hardware on the smaller sleds. This sled also has a lightweight fabric floor installed. With this combo you have a durable & flexible sled.
- The Kodiak has the SDS Distance Brake. This brake is all stainless steel and has the wider footprint. It’s also longer to keep it out of the deep snow when breaking trail. A Kodiak has big claws that makes it in control, just like the sled that has 2 sets of 2 carbide snow-machine studs that are easy to change, if you would ever need to.
- Our Taildragger is the sit-down option for the back of our sleds. It includes a cooler to sit on and a bag behind the cooler to store gear.
- It can be removed easily with 4 pins to drop it at a checkpoint or for different training runs
- The Taildragger is an additional $450
- The Taildragger weighs 12 lbs. including the cooler
- We also have an insulated cooler bag that has a layer of lightweight insulation all around. It also has 2” of foam on the cover and is a fan favorite option to have. The cooler bag is an additional $150
- Contact us for shipping info. If in Alaska off the road system, we can drop the sled off at the air cargo of your choice.
- The price is $3900 & includes the sled, a sled bag, a drag mat & 1 set of Matrax aluminum runners.
- Shipping is added on once we get a quote.
- Additional pockets & sled bag options are extra.
- Taildragger is $450 extra
- Insulated cooler bag is $150 extra
|Sled weight with Matrax||TBA|
|Frame material||6061 T-6 AL|
|Bed length||67″ (5′ 7″)|
|Usable bed area||1365 sq. in|
|Back of sled bag height||24″|
|Front of sled bag height||6″|
|Aviation ball joint size||5/16″|
|Stock brake type||2020 Distance|
|Handlebar bag Included||Yes|
|Bridle material||Stainless Steel|
|Support cable material||Stainless Steel|
|Stock steering each direction||15 degrees|
|Lightweight floor installed||Yes|
|Stock vented sled bag||Optional|
|8′ Aluminum Matrax runners||Yes|