- The Grizzly Distance Sled is a popular sled used in races from 100 miles to 1000 miles.
- The Grizzly is named after one of the biggest, strongest, & most powerful animals in Alaska, the grizzly bear.
- This sled has 5/16” rod end ball joints installed, which is more heavy duty than the ¼” hardware on the smaller sleds. This sled also has a lightweight fabric floor installed. With this combo you have a durable & flexible sled.
- The Grizzly has the SDS Distance Brake. This brake is all stainless steel and has the wider footprint. It’s also longer to keep it out of the deep snow when breaking trail. A grizzly has big claws that makes it in control, just like the sled that has 2 sets of 2 carbide snow-machine studs that are easy to change, if you would ever need to.
- Our Taildragger is the sit-down option for the back of our sleds. It includes a cooler to sit on and a bag behind the cooler to store gear.
- It can be removed easily with 4 pins to drop it at a checkpoint or for different training runs
- The Taildragger is an additional $450
- The Taildragger weighs 12 lbs. including the cooler
- We also have an insulated cooler bag that has a layer of lightweight insulation all around. It also has 2” of foam on the cover and is a fan favorite option to have. The cooler bag is an additional $150.
- Contact us for shipping info. If in Alaska off the road system, we can drop the sled off at the air cargo of your choice.
- The price is $3800 & includes the sled, a sled bag, a drag mat & 1 set of Matrax aluminum runners.
- Shipping is added on once we get a quote.
- Additional pockets & sled bag options are extra.
- Taildragger is $450 extra
- Insulated cooler bag is $150 extra
|Sled weight with Matrax||TBA|
|Frame material||6061 T-6 AL|
|Bed length||55″ (4′ 7″)|
|Usable bed area||1111 sq.in|
|Back of sled bag height||24″|
|Front of sled bag height||6″|
|Aviation ball joint size||5/16″|
|Stock brake type||2020 Distance|
|Handlebar bag Included||Yes|
|Bridle material||Stainless Steel|
|Support cable material||Stainless Steel|
|Stock steering each direction||15 degrees|
|Lightweight floor installed||Yes|
|Stock vented sled bag||Optional|
|8′ Aluminum Matrax runners||Yes|