AK-2 Sprint Sled
- The AK-2 is our sprint sled that is based off the original & popular K-2 sprint sled. We made some changes to the K-2 and after we moved to Alaska, we figured the AK-2 name was fitting.
- The AK-2 has a sled bag that wraps around the front of the sled.
- The AK-2 also has the new 1/4” rod end ball joints. These ball joints are much stronger than the old-style ball joints. They also make for a smoother steering sled. These ball joints are widely used throughout the aviation industry.
- The AK-2 has been used for sprint and open racing from 1 dog to 20 dogs. Its used by both beginners & professionals.
The SDS Tru-Skis
- We build the Tru-Ski Race Skis all in house. These skis are for competitive racing on nice snow packed trails.
- The skis have an oak board as a base that has a layer of carbon fiber & two layers of fiberglass on the top & bottom of the oak base. On the outside there is Durasurf Plastic on all 4 sides. This plastic is wax-able and not removable in the field.
- These skis can be resurfaced at our shop in Willow, AK. For $100 a set we can replace the plastic and bottom layers of fiberglass & carbon fiber and turn the wax-able surface new again.
Matrax Lightweight Aluminum Runners
- These runners are the standard runners found throughout the mushing world.
- With these you can change plastic out with 1 pin in each runner and can install many types of plastic for all conditions.
- We recommend the Matrax runners for training or racing if there’s known rough trail with dirt, rocks, etc.
- This sled can be folded up quickly by removing 6 runner pins. We can ship the sled & runners through the US mail. If in Alaska off the road system, we can drop the sled off at the air cargo of your choice.
- The price is $2250 & includes the sled, a sled bag, & 1 set of either Tru-Skis or Matrax aluminum runners.
- Additional sets of runners or skis are $450 a set.
- Shipping is added on once we get a quote.
- We also have a travel bag for the sled, which is an additional $175
|Sled weight with Tru-Skis (6lbs)||TBA|
|Sled weight with Matrax (8 lbs)||TBA|
|Frame material||6061 T-6 AL|
|Useable bed width||17.5″|
|Usable bed area||560 sq.in|
|Back of sled bag height||20.5″|
|Front of sled bag height||0″|
|Aviation ball joint size||1/4″|
|Stock brake type||2020 Sprint|
|Bridle material||Stainless Steel|
|Support cable material||Stainless Steel|
|Stock steering each direction||30 degrees|
|Stock vented sled bag||Yes|
|8′ Aluminum Matrax runners compatible||Yes|
|SDS Tru-Skis 2020 compatible||Yes|